The 3rd international conference on landscape and human health: forests, parks and green care
|Date:||Start in 17 May 2017
End in 19 May 2017
|Location:||Diplomatic Academy of Vienna Austria|
Today’s western societies are faced with a growing incidence of poor health because of mental stress and sedentary lifestyles. Natural and cultural landscapes are increasingly seen as restorative settings, compensating for negative psycho-physiological effects on humans. For this reason the conference on Landscape and Human Health: Forests, Parks and Green Care provides a forum for the presentation and discussion of recent developments in the following research topics:
- Landscape effects on human health and well-being
- Methods for assessing landscape effects on human health and well-being
- Biodiversity and human health and well-being
- Effects of landscape structures and types on human health and well-being
- Forests as restorative places (e.g. forest therapy, forest bathing)
- Impacts of green care offers (e.g. social impacts, effects on health, well-being)
- Social impact of landscapes
- Social inclusion (of fringe groups) fostered by landscapes and green care offers
The conference addresses researchers, public authorities, public health administrations as well as people involved/interested in landscape based health offers (e.g., farmers, forest enterprises, Green Care companies, managers of protected areas).
This conference is a follow up to the Conferences Recreation and Health in Landscape and Forest and Landscape and Health: Effects, Potential and Strategies that took place at the Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research (WSL) in 2009 and 2012 and the 1st Austrian Conference on Forest and Human Health in 2011.
Dates and Venue
Date: 17 - 19 May 2017
Conference Venue: Diplomatic Academy of Vienna, Favoritenstraße 15a, 1040 Vienna
Keynotes: Korea Forest Service and University of Exeter Medical School
Conference 17 - 19 May 2017
Official conference start: Thursday 18 May 2017 at 9 am at the Diplomatic Academy of Vienna
Icebreaker: guided tour through the Gardens of Schönbrunn Palace or guided night tour in Schönbrunn Zoo: Wednesday 17 May 2017
Half-day excursions to several Green Care Companies: Friday 19 May 2017, afternoon (optional)
Registrations now opens from 15 February 2017 to 15 April 2017.
You can register here.
Picture credit: Landscape and Human Health: Forests, Parks and Green Care