You care about nature? You want to be a part of a solution to challenges? You feel creative?
Get inspired, find a story, do your research, get your team together, grab your camera and go outside to make your short film now! Send your film by 1 October 2017.
BUILD GREEN, LIVE GREEN (GREEN INFRASTRUCTURE)
Science has proved that we are healthier and happier if we live in greener environment. Parks, gardens, tree lines, orchards, woodlands etc. have many and significant benefits for people, as nature makes us healthier and happier; helps us be fit and beautiful; makes us more creative and improves our memory. Plus, it is good for the economy as well.
So what is stopping us from having more nature in our lives?
Investigate the root of this problem, point out to its causes or show us a success story and offer a solution. Let your voice be heard!
THE LAST DAY ON EARTH? (EARTH OVERSHOOT DAY)
We are taking, we are consuming, and we are wasting without thinking about consequences of our actions. Planet Earth gives us enormous resources. Enormous, but not limitless. Did you know that Earth has to regenerate resources we are using and that we use more than can be reproduced?
Every year, the date that marks the day when humanity has exhausted Earth’s natural budget (called the Earth Overshoot Day) arrives earlier and earlier. In 1987 it was on December 19 and last year it was on August 8.
Now think, how can we help? We can bike to work or take public transport; we can consume less meat or become vegetarian; we can use less plastic; recycle; lower energy consumption… the choices are multiple. Tell your story about problems and solutions with your short film.
YOUR EUROPE IN 2050 (EU BUDGET)
Close your eyes and imagine Europe in 33 years from now… Where are you? Are you in a place you are happy to be in or are you somewhere you want to escape from? How the world around you looks like?
Think about the problems Europe is facing today: social inequality, loss of animal and plant species, climate change, air pollution, management of water resources, waste, excessive noise and traffic… Will these issues be diminished, increased or will they remain the same? If the extent of problems will change, what is your vision of Europe in 2050?
The answer to these challenges is directly related to the next EU budgets and their shape – what will money be spent on? We want to see a green budget, where public money is spent for public good. Send us your vision of Europe in 2050, your dream or your nightmare in a form of short film and let us know what you hope for or what you’re terrified of!
Film requirements and Applications
- COMPLETELY fill out the online application form for contest films!
- The films should not be longer than 4 minutes. The shorter the better. Aim for 60-90 seconds.
- Films can be of any genre (cartoon, animation, puppet film, documentary, interviews, etc.)
- Send us the original film file (in any film format) via the below detailed file transfer websites in high resolution (at least 720 px wide)
- Besides the film file send the following files via Wetransfer (up to 2GB file size) or via My Air Bridge (up to 20GB file size):
- time-coded subtitle file in English (.srt format). A separate time-coded subtitle file must be attached also to films without dialogues but with floating titles/texts. Only English subtitles are accepted!
- 3 screenshots from the short film (.jpg format)
- One applicant can only submit a maximum of three films (separate online application should be filled out for each)
- Send all the material to email@example.com
The winners of each of the three categories will be decided by a jury by 23 October. Please be aware if any of the criteria mentioned above is not met, we will not accept the application!
- Category winners: gift voucher worth 500 EUR each in an acclaimed online store.
- One public award for the film collecting the most votes on the Green-Go website: gift voucher worth 200 EUR in an acclaimed online store.
Winners will be notified by email, information will also be available on greengofest.eu on 23 October 2017 after closing the public award voting.
- The received short films will be selected based on:
- creativity and
- strength of social, environmental and conservation messages
- potential impact on citizens and decision makers
The films will be evaluated by a jury consisting of film professionals and NGO members. In each category, the jury will announce ONE winner on 23 October 2017.
Online voting for the audience award winner will start on 5 October 2017 – the submitted short films will be available on the www.greengofest.eu and visitors will be able to vote for their favorite ones. The voting ends on 22 October 2017 and the winner will be announced on 23 October.
1 October 2017 CET 24:00
Picture credit: Green Go short film contest