YPARD Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) is seeking young, innovative and fresh spirited professionals to take on the role of a Country Representatives (CR) and continue its work on enabling and empowering young agricultural leaders shaping sustainable food systems.
Being a CR is a unique opportunity for you to be more active with fellow young professionals in agricultural and related fields in the LAC region as well as with the global YPARD network.
We would also like to explore ways to start a new YPARD chapter in your country. Here are some initial insights on how one becomes more active with YPARD. This would be a great opportunity for you to become active with fellow young agricultural professionals in your country as well as with the global YPARD network.
As a country representative, you will have the chance to:
- Create activities that will allow you to work towards improving young people's perception of agriculture in your country
- Help young professionals to reach their full potential in agricultural development by being the voice of YPARD and represent the members of the community in your country.
- Have a useful tool for your future aspirations in the working field by being the YPARD country representative
- Have the opportunity to travel abroad e.g. GCARD3 in South Africa – many young professionals from YPARD attended with the support of GFAR (See here for more information)
- Have a great asset for your CV as YPARD is supported by GFAR and FAO and many other partner organizations.
- Have the chance to connect/ get to know other YPARD members - not just In the LAC level but also globally.
- Contribute to agricultural development in Latin America and the Caribbean region
- Have a link with YPARD partners (see list of partners HERE)
This is a voluntary position that will not interfere with your day-to-day activities. You will have full support from the YPARD Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) team.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a one-page motivation letter and CV to email@example.com cc to Wendel.Georges@fao.org, firstname.lastname@example.org and the reference “YPARD Country Representative LAC Region” until March 31st, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact us using the e-mail addresses above.
We are looking forward to your application!