FAO’s Climate, Energy, and Tenure Division is looking for an intern for 6 months for the the UNDP/FAO Global Programme “Integrating Agriculture in NAPs”.
General Description of the Tasks to be Achieved.
The Integrating Agriculture in NAPs programme supports partner countries to identify and integrate climate adaptation measures for the agricultural sector into relevant national planning and budgeting processes. It is a multi-year initiative funded by the German Government that responds to country driven needs. This integration will help to enhance: institutional capacities and processes for operationalizing climate response strategies in the sector; access to international climate finance sources.
Under the general supervision of the Natural Resource Officer, the intern will be responsible for
- Support the organization of Workshops and events
- Support in developing briefs on status of countries’ climate change adaptation activities
- Support in documenting material from workshops/meetings in to country folders
- Support in drafting programme monthly update on partner country activities
- Store relative documents in the NAP Workspace
- Carry out other duties as required.
- Support programme activities
- Draft material for reporting country work
Duty Station: Rome, Italy
Duration: 6 months
Required Completion Date:
April 2017 (Depending on the starting time)
- BSc + 2-3 years of experience or MA/MSc in a field related to: Climate Change, Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Fisheries or Forestry fields;
- Knowledge or experience on issues related to developing country agriculture and climate change adaptation and the UNFCCC LEG NAP Process.
- Mother-tongue level proficiency in English and working knowledge of French
- Team player
- Some background in development work, climate change, resilience and field experience would be an asset.
To apply, please send 1) your CV; 2) a short cover letter escribing how your studies and activities can beneficial for competion of the tasks mentionedand 3) one or two examples of any communication materials produced (max 4 pages).
Send your application to: FAO-NAPs@fao.org by Friday 16 September 2016.
For additional details, kindly refer to:
Please note that the applications to this internship are received only by email (FAO-NAPs@fao.org ).