The Mediterranean agronomic institute of Bari (CIHEAM BARI) has the pleasure to present its educational offer for the Academic Year 2017-2018.
Created in 1962, the CIHEAM is a Mediterranean intergovernmental organization which works for improving sustainable agriculture and fisheries, for ensuring food and nutrition security and for developing rural and coastal territories.
The organization gathers 13 Member States from both shores of the Mediterranean (Albania, Algeria, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Malta, Morocco, Portugal, Spain, Tunisia and Turkey) and works with several international and regional institutions.
Around 170 permanent agents and hundreds of consultants regularly work within the 5 bodies of the Organisation based in Bari (Italy), Chania (Greece), Montpellier (France), Paris (France) and Zaragoza (Spain).
The degree programs – Master and Master of Science – are constantly updated and gradually adapted to the thematic priorities, tools and approaches of the CIHEAM Action Plan for the Med 2025 (CAPMED 2025). All the activities of the CIHEAM are based on a bottom-up collaboration approach and are problem-solving oriented, in relation with the specific needs of the countries.
The CIHEAM's missions structured around 4 PILLARS of developpement and divided into 15 THEMATIC PRIORITIES. The CIHEAM Strategic Agenda 2025 and its Action Plan are aimed at implementing the United-Nations Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, in the Mediterranean in specific fields.
Modules constituting master programs can be followed in a standalone mode ‘on demand’ as “Lifelong education” for researchers and professionals.
- The CIHEAM Bari Master Programmesspan over one academic year of 9 months, are structured into weekly modules grouped into units and award 60 credits.
- The CIHEAM Bari Master of Science Programmes last two academic years (9 months of the Master Programme plus 12 months of the second academic year) and award 120 credits.
Their objective is to further the theoretical and practical knowledge acquired during the first year in the fields of land and water resources management, sustainable integrated pest management and organic agriculture.
For applicants to have access to our Master/Master of Science Programmes, at least one of the following requirements shall be fulfilled:
- An undergraduate degree of minimum four academic years;
- An academic level that qualifies applicants to undertake postgraduate level studies in their home country;
- A minimum of 240 ECTS or it's equivalent in the home country.
Knowledge of English language - Intermediate level.
How to apply
Candidates shall submit the Application Form duly filled out and include the required supporting documents. You can download the application form here. Applications are to be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
- Opening date of the applications 2017/2018: 1 April 2017
- Closing date of the applications 2017/2018: 31 May 2017
Picture credit: CIHEAM BARI