Job Location: Bungoma, Kenya and Zomba, Malawi
Duration: Minimum 2 years commitment, full-time job.
One Acre Fund is seeking a smart and dedicated self–starter to be an M&E Associate in rural East Africa. Overall, the M&E Associate will be responsible for using data to continually improve our operations, and impact on our customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Goal oriented survey design, field testing of survey instruments, and revision.
- Supervise 3–5 M&E supervisors, 20–30 fulltime M&E data collectors, 4 data entry staff, plus casuals. This will include the following duties:
- Regular mentorship of M&E managers through field visits, meetings, and career reviews.
- In field supervision of key M&E activities, with an eye to "perfect" quality standard.
- Quality control and supervision of data entry, with zero tolerance for data entry errors.
- In field follow up on errors.
- Hire and develop M&E data collectors.
- Update hiring protocols, and use them to hire top quality data collectors.
- Conduct regular trainings to improve skills of data collectors.
- Appropriately deal with under performing staff.
- Innovation on new methods such as tablet based data collection.
- Data analysis to draw both early and final conclusions and actionable recommendations.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
One Acre Fund is seeking exceptional professionals with 1 to 5+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated longterm passion for international development.
They are looking for truly extraordinary candidates that will help take their organization to the next levels of impact and scale. This is a competitive posting for a career-track role with minimum initial commitment of two years. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, solid Peace Corps accomplishments).
- Prior fieldbased M&E experience is required.
- More importantly, we are seeking someone with proven entrepreneurial and leadership experience the vast majority of the job is to monitor and improve M&E operations in the field.
- Statistical knowledge is nice to have, but we also have experts who can help with that side of things.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Top performing undergraduate record (please include GPA and test scores on your resume). Master’s degree is not required.
- Humility and personal stability. We have a fantastic and likeable team. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years. This is a longterm, career track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
Language:French and English required for Rwanda; English for Kenya
Preferred Start Date:Flexible
Compensation: Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Benefits: Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board